What is the first impression your visitors have of your fair?
Is it great or could it use some tweaking?
Is there great signage showing them how to find your fair and attractions within the fair?
Do you have interesting entertainment and is there something for everyone?
Does your venue promote agriculture and Rural Ontario?
Is your venue accessible and hazard free?
Are there lots of food choices and do you have ample parking?
If you are interested in knowing what your fair's 'first impression' is, then you should consider participating in the "OAAS First Impressions " program. This unique program offers the opportunity to look at your fair through others’ eyes. It is a tremendous chance to identify opportunities to make improvements that make a difference in your guests’ experience of your fair.
- We all know that first impressions are the ones that last and become memories. Help your fair create lasting, great first impressions by participating in this unique program.
- Agricultural Societies are paired with another fair. A team from each Agricultural Society visits the other's fair and evaluates specific characteristics based on a visitors' "first impression".
- The feedback from these visits validates where the Agricultural Societies are doing a terrific job and identifies area for improvement.
- It identifies areas where you might grow your fair.
- This program builds strong relationships among fairs and fair boards and gives concrete information to support strategic planning.
- Participants have found it to be a great experience and it gave their fairs some really good tools to grow with.
**NEW** Because OAAS believes in the value of the "First Impressions" program and wishes to encourage more participation by
fairs that may not be able to afford the program, once your AGriuclutral Society has completed all parts of the program, your fees will be refunded to your association.
There are some costs associated with the participation:
- Participation fee of $113.00 (100 + HST). This helps off-set costs for training.
- You are expected to provide a meeting place for the training. (2 hours)
- Each Agricultural Society provides the visiting team fair gate passes to your fair.
- Each Agricultural Society is responsible for their own travel costs, photocopying and/or printing and incidentals of volunteers.
- Fill out and submit your application - download application form here.
Application deadline for the 2017 First Impressions Program is May 15.
- You will be contacted by one of our volunteer coordinators if your agricultural society has been selected to participate and a matching society has been found. Then a team will guide you through the rest of the program